Wednesday 8 July
It never occurs to me that Shaun will have Roseola until my mum pointed out to me.
Okay, it first started off on Wednesday 8/7 when the nanny called me around 3+pm saying that Shaun was running high fever at 38.9. This was the first time that Shaun was having high fever since born. I took urgent leave home and saw him with very red lips and cheeks. Looks good with rosy cheeks (:P) but oops, he was really burning hot. I decided to give him paracetamol that night. ( which I got it when shaun had mild fever last month – but I din give cuz I sponged him and he managed to fight off the virus- yeah!) After the medicine, his fever was still at 38.5. So I think his body’s soldiers are working hard still and din give in to external assistance( the para). So I decided to just let him sleep and sponge him throughout the night. That means I din get to sleep for the rest of the night. SMS boss in the morning taking urgent leave for 1 day.
Thursday 9 July
Fever was still there above 37.5. It was considered low grade fever liao, phew, at least my sponging effort pays off. I continued to sponge him with lukewarm water, whenever I have the chance too ( He just hated it especially the fever cooling pad) Other than that, he doesn’t look ill, a bit cranky off and on, or maybe just throwing tantrum? Still as active. So I just let him be, praying that his soldiers will win the battle! He slept for total 4 hour plus – which is good. His usual schedule is only 3 hours max.. appetite wise is still good, which is good. I continued to give him barley with green bean soup. And lots of fruits. His poo and fart were super smelly which indicates that he was really heaty inside!! Too much pepper corn soup and cornflakes and biscuits liao the few days earlier!!
Friday 10 July
Morning when I measured, below 37.5 but still a little warm. I just asked the nanny to sponge him and let him cool down by avoiding heaty stuff. Evening when I brought him back his fever was gone, but I spotted some rashes on his neck. I called mum and she said might be roseola!
Saturday /Sunday 11 & 12 July
Tada, rashes outbreak, but wasn’t a lot though. It appeared on his neck, face(little bit), covered whole body and back, But it doesn’t look scary though. Seemed pretty mild just like rashes. Asked hubby to research on the net – we concluded that it could be roseola, so no need to bring him to doc.
Monday 13 July
Seemed rashes were gone. Will see whether there were outbreak again tonight. Anywya, I was glad that his little body claimed the victory this time. Mummy promised not to simply give in to medicines but of course will monitor and must not be panic la when you had high fever.
Good job Shaun boy!! Let’s hope this round your little soldiers will be stronger, fitter and could help face more virus attack next time hor!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
chih, practical will make us expert! all these counted by experience. But you have done a good job, mummy!
ReplyDelete