Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little soldier fighting the flu bug

Shaun caught flu last Sunday , maybe from Northpoint splashpark which I brought him on Saturday. Sunday he started having runny nose but was still very active. His mucus became thick with yellow/greenish type. So I think it was virus infection. Very quickly I gave him lots of fruits like kiwi. I gave him Manuka active 12, blended apple and blueberry, + lemon for him, and gave him echinaccea (added into his milk) for 3 times. Then on that same day, he was a bit feverish. Measured and it was only 37.3. So I thought ok, he started to fight the virus liao. Gave him some Korean bamboo salt diluted in his plain water. And also lemon juice. Also sponged him when he was sleeping and made green bean soup and Chinese big barley, to substitute water for his milk. At night, he pooped. Very black and hard poo and smelly!! I think he was damn heaty!!

Next day on Monday, fever was gone. Runny nose was gone. So he actually recovered within 2 days.

So I think echinaccea played a part too?? Other than the other natural remedies that I imposed on.

Well done boy! Keep it up!!

6 comments:

  1. where do you get the echinaccea? what is it called in chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wy, I got it from overseas spree,the brand is child life. It is called zi3 zhui hua 1 in Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks.
    my boy starts his phlegmy cough again. sigh.... just now my mil told me that he vomitted once. i thought it would be good for him to vomit 'cos the phlegm should should be out, too.

    he will cough at night when he changes his sleeping position, but he doesn't really wake up. any natural remedies to share so that i can feed him middle of the night if he wakes up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WY, yea he should have vomitted some phlegms out. If vomiting is only intermittent associated with coughing, you should not be undly worried, unless the vomitting is persistent then you shd consult the doctor. Not sure whether you can feed honey water in the middle of the night, I think you feed warm water will do. If his throat is irritated by back flow of mucous from the nostrils, then you can perhaps try to use albas oil. Hopefully your boy recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete