Friday 2 July 10
Couldnt remember when was Shaun's last fever , probably in March when he caught a flu. Nanny told me last Friday that he was feverish at 3pm plus when I fetched him back at 6pm. Wondered why she din call and tell me about that. Anyway, I brought him home, measured him and he was at 38.9 degree c. He looked sick to me because he looked tired. Quickly, made the orange grape juice for him.
15 grapes ( peeled and unseeded)
1 orange & 1/4 lemon( juice first, then add 15 grapes with the juices in blender and blend)
Gave him little bit of camu - camu too which is rich in Vit C.
I think 2 hours later, his fever was gone. *strange*. I used hot water and soaked organic green beans and used that water for making his bedtime milk. After his fever was gone, he was back actively jumping around and din want to sleep till quite late at night.
Saturday
No fever, fully recovered. I think I was careless and I forgot to let him drink additional water n let him munched on oreo ( given by aunty next door) and some cookies. He kept wanting to go out so I brought him out but it was soon starting to rain when we were walking half way to the central. We stopped and went back, luckily he agreed. The wind was so strong, think he caught some rain too and his shirt was too thin. This stupid mama did not do enough to protect dear son and should insist not to bring him out when he just recovered. Why so? Fever was back on Sunday.
Sunday
Fever was high at 39.3. Decided to let him stay at home instead of going to the Gym. He was still playing and eating ( appetite dropped though). But he knew that he was running a fever and I scolded him for eating too much biscuits, including the oreo. Anyway, made the High C juice for him again. Let him eat watermelon too, and lots of fluids throughout the day. Other than high C juice, also juice apple and carrots for him. Made him pasta for lunch, ate a fair bit which was good enough. For dinner, made him 5 grains porridge ( very soupy kind) as he needs lots of fluids. Had 2 bowls of runny porridge with 小白菜 and carrot, flavoured with miso. Gave him honey water too. He finally tucked in at 8pm, measured him and fever dropped to 38 +
Today
This morning, he woke up at 730 plus. First word every morning, not good morning or 早安which he used to say. It was 街街 or kai kai! He din want me to go to work every day. Anyway , fever was gone. Phew! Told nanny to monitor and see whether fever comes back. He refused to go nanny's house so I brought him to the park opposite for a while, then persuaded him to go nanny's place.
Just finished marketing. Will make carrot soup tonight plus some 小菜。made pumpkin soup for him but he din like it though, hehe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad he is well. But he is not going to playgroup?
ReplyDelete